Thursday, March 31, 2016

Blankets, Warm Milk and Picture Books

One of my favorite times to read aloud, and in particular picture books, is at bedtime. You too?!

The kiddos are in their pajamas, cups of milk at hand, snuggled in beside me for one or two (or three. Or four!) picture books. Perfect way to round out the day. 

We've read a couple of picture books recently that were particular favorites. 


Library Lion, by Michelle Knudsen and illustrations by Kevin Hawke, is one of those picture books that I wished I had read as a child. That story is delightful, and the illustrations are beautiful. Plus, it's a lovely story about one of my family's very favorite places!

Iggy Peck, Architect, by Andrea Beaty and illustrated by David Roberts, was one that we read repeatedly for a few evenings - my engineering-obsessed boys particularly enjoyed this one. The illustrations do a lovely job of straddling the more technical architectural depictions alongside the whimsical cartoons of Iggy Peck and his building adventures. 

And last but not least, Hoot and Peep, written and illustrated by Lita Judge. This sweet book about a little owl and her older brother is a little silly, yes, but really fun (all three of my kiddos were giggling their way through this read aloud). As for myself, I appreciated the story's message of embracing each person's, and owl's, individuality. A fun read!


What have been your favorite recent picture books?

No comments:

Post a Comment